Beatrice Davis Editorial Fellowship
The Fellowship affords a unique opportunity for a book editor to expand his or her knowledge and expertise; it's also valuable to the entire Australian publishing industry. Over the years Fellows have contributed hugely to enriching the industry: giving of their wisdom and know-how as editors; encouraging the discovery and development of extraordinary Australian writing talent.
- Identify a highly skilled career editor with a minimum of four years book editing experience.
- Provide the editor with an opportunity to research the editorial and publishing practices of the largest English-speaking publishing market (the USA), challenging their current ability and understandings, and stimulating an ability to develop their content editing and commissioning paradigms to meet market demands.
- Offer an opportunity to further develop specific editorial skills of benefit to themselves as well as Australian publishing.
- Recognise and reward editors for their contribution to Australian writing and publishing.
- Provides a unique opportunity for cultural leadership in the field of editing, benefiting the recipient and local publishing industry;
- Familiarises local editors with US editorial and publishing practices, thus providing a greater understanding for Australian book publishing in all formats;
- Encourages and supports collegiate mentorship and information sharing by Fellows across the Australian editorial community by means of various related activities.
How to apply
To apply please read the guidelines and complete the application form. Applications close 1 April 2016. Interviews will be held 18 and 19 April 2016.
For guidelines and application form click here.
Want to know more about the Fellowship?
Read the report from the 2014 Fellow Susannah Chambers.
|Date||25 Nov 15|
|Registrations Open||25 Nov 16|
|Registrations Close||1 Apr 16|
Register now and secure your attendance
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are not yet open