Between the Covers, Behind the Counter
Who should attend?
- Children’s specialist booksellers or those with an interest in learning more about this vibrant sector of the publishing market.
- Junior to mid-level publishing professionals including editors, marketers and publicists with a particular interest in children’s publishing.
What will be covered?
- How to create a successful picture book, and designing a great cover.
- Who is buying what? A look at the statistics.
- Behind the scenes: how and why publishers choose what they publish, and booksellers choose what they sell.
- Creating a publishing list, readership levels, and what grabs kids at different levels (early reader, middle fiction, YA).
- Sell, sell, sell - inside marketing and social media.
Who is presenting?
- Matt Stanton - Author, illustrator and designer
- Julie Winters - General Manager Australia & New Zealand, Nielsen Book
- Steve Spargo - School and Library Manager, Walker Books Australia
- Fiona Stager - Avid Reader
- Amelia Lush - Better Read Than Dead
- Margrete Lamond - Publisher, Little Hare Books at Hardie Grant Egmont
- Libby Armstrong - Beachside Bookshop
- Yvette Poshoglian - NSW Premier's Reading Challenge
- Anna Low - Potts Point Bookshop
- Tristan Bancks - Author
Tickets are $50 for APA/ABA members and include a light lunch. If you are an ABA member to secure your discounted ticket please give us a call on 02 9281 9788 or via email.
|Date||1 Mar 17|
|Time||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Allen & Unwin Terrace
83 Alexander Street
|Cost||$50 for APA/ABA members. $100 for non members.|
|Registrations Open||24 Nov 16 12:00 AM|
|Registrations Close||27 Feb 17 11:59 PM|