Who should attend?
- Independent Publishers and Independent Booksellers and Authors
What will be covered?
- What do Booksellers Want? Key Australian booksellers will lift the lid on what publishers can do to help booksellers sell books covering marketing materials, Title Page etc
- Publishing - The Inside Track. In this session we will discuss the costs involved in publishing a book and how a publisher decides their marketing strategy and how to get to their readers, the target audience,
- Authors - The Importance of the Ecosystem. A light-hearted session from our most important "third-party" to inspire greater collaboration between everyone in the book industry.
- Innovative ideas from a Retail Disruptor. A forward-looking and practical session from a specialist retail consultant who will discuss the global trends impacting the publishing and bookselling industry as well as ways in which independent booksellers can compete with online booksellers and ebooks.
- Forum. The town hall style meeting for Indie publishers and booksellers in now in session! In this casual, fun and informative forum we're going to channel SBS's Insight to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion and provide advice on a pre-selected list of topics that affect both indie publishers and booksellers.
Who is presenting?
- Mark Rubbo – Managing Director, Readings
- Susanne Horman – Owner, Robinsons
- Leesa Lambert - Co-owner and Manager, The Little Bookroom
- Jane Fraser - CEO, Fremantle Press
- Alison Green - CEO, Pantera Press
- Ivor Indyk - Publisher, Giramondo Publsihing
- Denny Neave - Founder and Managing Director, Big Sky Publishing
- Dr Tony Birch - Shortlisted Author for the Miles Franklin Award
- Beverley Chambers - Head of Operations, Asia - Pacific Numensa Retail Consulting
Tickets for our members and members of the ABA are $25 and include a light lunch. If you are an ABA member please contact us on 02 9281 9788 or via email to receive your special discounted price.
|Date||20 Feb 17|
|Time||9:00 AM - 4:15 PM|
The Queen Victoria Women's Centre
QVWC Ground Floor, 210 Lonsdale Street Melbourne VIC 3000
|Cost||$25 for APA full/ABA members, $50 for APA associate members and $95 for non members|
|Registrations Open||23 Nov 16 12:00 AM|
|Registrations Close||17 Feb 17 11:59 PM|