As an APA member, your subscription supports an advocacy body for the protection and promotion of Australian publishers. The APA fought to retain both the Parallel Importation provision in the Copyright Act and the more successful components of the GST compensation package. Most recently, the APA has lobbied on the extension of the Educational Lending Right, and made submissions to the review on the Digital Agenda changes to the Copyright Act.
The APA also affords publishers access to a wider publishing community and keeps members "in the loop" via regular circulars, bulletins, newsletters and networking opportunities. Members also enjoy a range of free and discounted services including:
- Access to industry advice.
- Updates on industry issues.
- Regular updates detailing APA activities.
- Access to industry statistics including monthly primary, secondary and tertiary educational sales statistics.
- Access to a template contract for use in author contracts.
- Member links from the APA website.
- Listing in the annual APA Members Directory.
- two free copies of the Members Directory.
- Participation in special-interest committees.
- And discounted:
- Industry-specific APA training seminars.
- Participation in joint stands at major international book fairs.
- Educational networking functions for independent publishers.
- Tickets to major annual industry events, including the Australian Book Industry Dinner, The Australian Educational Publishing Awards, and the Book Design Awards Cocktail Presentation.
For more information, contact our CEO Maree McCaskill on (02) 9281 9788.