Communications support (part-time)
The Australian Publishers Association works to help Australian publishers succeed in their business and see their products and services valued by the Australian community.
The Association runs a number of annual projects that require communications support. These include:
- Australian Book Industry Awards
- Educational Publishing Awards Australia
- BookUp publishing conference
- Frankfurt and Bologna book fairs and online rights networking events
- Australia Reads year-round reading promotion program (run in collaboration with the Australian Booksellers Association, the Australian Library and Information Association, and the Australian Society of Authors).
We're looking for a communications professional to join our team on a part-time contract to help deliver our events program.
Working closely with the APA’s Head of Communications and the Events Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for producing and uploading copy and assets for various platforms, including websites, eDMs, press releases and social media; developing and updating mailing lists; and providing general project and event management support.
- Experience in writing copy for multiple channels and audiences
- Familiarity with digital publishing tools (uploading content to websites, using eDM software, creating social media assets, etc)
- Previous event experience (liaising with suppliers and speakers)
- Ability to work productively with team-members and external stakeholders
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
Details & applications
- 3 days per week
- Sydney-based office with WFH options
- 6-month contract
- $55-65K pro rata plus super
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected] by Monday 23 May.