QLD Account Manager
Walker Books Australiahas brought the best children’s books to Australian children for 30 years.
We are looking for someone to join our sales team in Brisbane who is genuinely excited by sales data and books and wants to apply their skills and knowledge to this role.
This role is perfect for a highly organised, exceptional customer service skilled, motivated, and hard-working individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
Key Objectives: Represent Walker Books Australia across Brisbane and regional Qld, promoting the Walker Books brand by maximising sales and margin within account territory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and grow Walker Books’ solid and productive relationships with the booksellers across Brisbane and Regional QLD to maximise sales.
- Generate awareness and provide ongoing support to the booksellers to promote Walker Books.
- Strategically present new titles to booksellers monthly to reach sales targets and maximise margin.
- Conduct business reviews across the account database regularly to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A passion for sales and a drive to excel
- Excellent planning, organisational and time-management skills
- Some knowledge in the use of Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presentation skills
Walker Books is looking for an applicant with spark and initiative who ideally has a minimum of 5 years of bookselling or publishing experience with a sales background.
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the required skills and experience.
We invite candidates of all ages, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, people with disability, and levels of education to apply for this or any other advertised role.
Application closing date: 9 June, 2023